The latest thing that has come about is ClicktoTweet. So if you have Twitter and a blog and you want your followers to Tweet easier about your products and services you can now use a service called ClicktoTweet you can find this service here.
– Testing out clicktoTweet thanks to @AbsoluteAlicia! Loving how easy it is to share. @C_Skillen.
If you have a Twitter account test out how easy it is to use and share my link. Thank you.
I have signed up for another e-course, The Sea Change Program, with Leo Babauta from Zen Habits! This course is for helping you make new habits and in May the new habit is forming a daily writing habit. This is something that I really want to starting doing and I have been on the lookout for something like this. I don’t really like writing because I don’t feel as if I am any good, my inner critics need to be sent away and given something to do keep them busy. I don’t write much, therefore I never improve. So it is all about to change. My creative hour in the morning before work has been going well and I have even started to wake up before my alarm clock! I am now going to write in this hour and do some art! So busy busy!
Only the other day I was thinking that I have signed up for too many on-line commitments! Oh well I am sure another one won’t hurt. These are the courses I am doing; the Apothecary Circle, Leonie Dawson’s – Creative Goddess, loving the results of her course and from the 1st of May I start the Manafesting Abundance, spirit led financial planning with Laura Emily from the AC! I have also signed up for another on-line free herbal course at the Herbal Academy of New England. I think that is all of them…
A while back I added social media buttons to my blog. I know every blog has them but mine didn’t and I wanted them. So I made my own. I followed these instruction from Projects Around the House and I downloaded the social media icons from Pixeden. I made the buttons in Picmonkey a photo editing application. It is free but you can upgrade to a package that has more filters, boarders and other cool stuff. I was really proud of myself that I made these buttons and I think they turned out rather well. I did learn that it is a good idea to make all the buttons that you need at the same time as it can be difficult to find the same colours, I learnt the hard way and made one of my buttons at a later date and it was a bit tricky to match the colour. I was really impressed with the Picmoney application that I used to make the buttons, it is free but you can upgrade. While I was taking the time making the buttons I thought I would also follow these seven useful tips from Momcomm.
1. Overall Design Too Wide – I adjusted mine accordingly and now my banner fits just right.
2. Light-colored Links – I have tried to adjust the colours of the links but I just can’t seem to change it.
4. Sharing Buttons – Oh dear I did try and add sharing buttons but it didn’t work either, so just using the standard Blogger ones.
5. Graphic Elements that Look Clickable (but Aren’t)- I am working on this and if I use images I do try and remember to use links.
6. Hard to Find Contact Info – I now have an email button, click it and it automatically opens an email to me.
7. Cluttered Sidebar – I only now have a sidebar on the right rather than the left and right.