|Moorea Seal – 52 Lists|
|Apothecary Circle – Ten day fast|
February seems to be the month of firsts; so far I have eaten Sauerkraut, oil pulled,smudged and used oracle cards, lit a candle for Candlemas, made tinctures and started a fast. It was a busy weekend!
I have now started a ten day fast. This is linked to the Apothecary Circle. I didn’t want to fast from food/solids as I don’t think my body would react well and I don’t feel comfortable doing it while having to go to work. I think maybe this will be something for the future, possibly the summer.
I have never fasted before. I found it quite a challenge to think of something to give up. (I don’t drink or smoke). Once I really thought about it, I came up with these –
- Caffeine – not much of a challenge as I only drink one cup of tea a day.
- Chocolate – this will be be difficult, I eat it about 2-3 times a week. I like to sit and relax with a detox tea and a few squares of dark chocolate.
- Meat – this will be a challenge as I will have to make yummy meals (must remember to marinate the tofu) so my hubby forgets he is not eating meat. (failed this one meals are not yummy, need for follow recipes). I have offered to cook meat a couple of times, fairs fair.
- Biscuits – I am giving these up because they are over processed and full of sugar, I eat about 10 a week.
- Swearing – I do this too much and I am very blasé about it. f**k being my favorite. For this one I have decided to have a swear jar, every time I swear Green Peace gets 50 pence.
- Social media – I use social media on my phone way too much. I wake in the morning and check Facebook and I read blogs before sleeping both of these habits I would like to stop. So this is a good time to start stopping.
I am getting the urge for all of these things. Why is it when you say ‘no’ something in you says ‘yes’.
Wow, that is a lot to remember! Wish me luck I may need it…
I have decided to take part in the 52 Lists project over at Mooreaseal. I love writing list, so I thought this would be a fun and inspiring project to take part in. I only found the project last week so I am going to share my first four lists in one post. A new list prompt gets posted every Tuesday by Moorea over on her blog.
I am taking part in the Apothecary Circle and one of our first things to do is to make sure we are drinking enough water. 80-100 ounces (2.37-2.96 litres) a day of water! It is advised that we do a ‘morning flush’, this is to drink 16-32 ounces (0.47-0.95 litres) of water first thing in the morning before doing anything else. So far so good, I have started to drink 27 ounces (0.8 litres) every morning. It is quite tough but I think the pros far out weigh the cons. Then sipping water throughout the day, having a glass of water before and after your meals and drinking extra if you drink coffee. It is hard to remember to drink, there are apps out there such as Water Your Body to remind you to drink your water. I have decided to test this one out as I think I could use some reminding.
Hydration is key to being healthy. If you want to change one thing this year make sure you are drinking enough ‘pure’ water. Are you up for the challenge? I know that in the past I have struggled with drinking enough each day. Over the Christmas holiday I was really bad and drank about 5 glasses of water the whole time I was visiting family. It is a easy habit to fall out of but such a good habit to have. Proper hydration really is a life changer. Here are some of the benefits of being hydrated; headaches disappear, it helps to regulate sleep and on waking you feel refreshed, it helps improve digestion, skin and hair quality improves and hormones begin to balance out. I will write more about what I have personally discovered as the challenge progresses. I hope this has inspired you to take up the challenge. Cheers.