Over the last year or so gratitude has been an important part of my life. I spend time each day being grateful. I think it is important to take note of things in your day to day life that you are grateful for. I have a gratitude notebook that I keep next to my bedside and most days I note down something that I am grateful for. Gratitude equals happiness.
Here are a few of the things I was grateful for in 2013 –
- Watching the snow fall silently from the sky
- FatMumSlims Photo-a-day prompts
- Discovering new art equipment and techniques
- Leonie Dawson for her “Create Your Incredible Year Workbook and Planner 2013”
- The AC where I met some great and knowledgeable ladies
- My Oracle cards
- Visiting family, breathing in the fresh sea air
- The Right Brain talks from Jennifer Lee
- My faithful Gelli Plate, found textures and other inspiring bits and bobs
- Spending time with Mum on our city break in London, going to the Ritz for afternoon tea, watching Let it Be and the Lion King
- Getting to play Lego with my nephew
- Going up the Shard for my birthday
- Tea from Danmala Teas, Lindsey Luna the wonderful tea goddess
- My heat-gun and making stencils without getting a blister
- Physic Garden in Chelsea, London and the marvellous salad
- Days out in London
- A weekend on a canal boat with Jenni
- Hot sunny days and blue skies
- Moving to the Isle of Wight and our new home
- My Dad coming to the rescue and mending things
- Country walks
- Swimming in the sea
- Watching a swan feather float towards me after asking for one.
- Herbs, tinctures and crystals
- Crafting it forward
- Walks with Mum
- My Creative Coach
- Sunsets over the houses and at Gurnard
- Helping out my mother-in-law painting a backcloth
- For my Mum getting me a gingerbread house to decorate with my Nephew
This is just a small sample of the things I am/was grateful for in 2013.
Here is a link to a great talk on gratitude.
Thanks to technology I am wrote some of this weeks gratitude post from a car-park while I was waiting for hubby to pick me up. So I guess my first thing I am grateful for is technology. I love being able to share photos here and write notes to myself using this app ColorNote Notepad Notes To Do
Here is my gratitude list for this week –
- Technology, especially my phone. Never wanted a smart phone, now I could not live without it.
- FatMumSlim for sharing next months Photo-a-day list, (February already)!!!
- My walk to work, being able to gaze at the sky; cloud watch and find rainbows.
- Dark chocolate and detox tea, what a great combination.
- My new favourite thing – Coconut Oil. (Hair is looking less frizzy).
“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus